Monday, July 20, 2009

An especially nerdy post with some video game fan art and actual art!

First, the Ghostbusters sticker set for Little Big Planet released last week and I've already seen these stickers being used in some lovely custom levels! I always have fun whenever Media Molecule comes to call and this sticker set was no different - so much that I actually agreed to do these while I was on vacation in Massachusetts this spring!



I love getting the chance to draw licensed stuff in my own style. Speaking of such, those of you Chrono Trigger fans should know what's going on here!



I can't tell you what wonderful project this was done for - yet - but come August 11th, you'll know! Anyway, the idea behind this piece was this: I had always imagined that when the Chrono Crew first arrived in Zeal that there was a moment of respite and celebration; to have come from the harsh dark ages to a temperate, floating paradise (with some of the BEST MUSIC in the whole game!) was surely worth taking time out to enjoy the scenery!

I remember setting my controller down and listening to the music when I first played the game... with a big smile on my face. So here's my tribute to a great game with an even better soundtrack!

...Alfador and Nu are friends. <3

8 comments:

Martin Brennand said...

SQUEEEEEE!

Love the Chrono picture. New desktop! :D

And you got to do this for an actual project too? How wonderful!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Ha ha! You posted early! Anyway, love Alfador on Nu's head, that works really well! Awesomey!!!!

Mr. Joe said...

Suh-weeet! I love me some Ghostbusters. Nice work, Steph.

Seg said...

Congratulations! You've been Boing Boing Offworld'ed!

ONE SHOT: CHRONO TRIGGER'S MOMENT OF ZEAL

alice said...

Just saw this on Offworld, pretty awesome Steph!

Mitchel Kennedy said...

O.o Chrono Trigger is awesome. You are awesome.

Justin Cichon said...

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

I just got my CD in the mail, and I'm really impressed with the poster. I need to get myself a large print of it to hang once I get some wall space.