Monday, November 07, 2011

I'm still a full week behind in my class, but I decided that if I was gonna catch up, I was gonna do it right and not rush. My goal is to really put on the pressure and catch up over Thanksgiving, assuming we don't get a doozy of an assignment because of the break.

So anyway, here are *more* explorations for Wizard of Oz, the supporting cast. I have to dive back into Dorothy and Toto to being them closer to where these guys are at but so far I have a few favorites in each spread that I will expand upon.

Are you guys enjoying seeing all this process for a change, rather than just the polished stuff? Sometimes I find that I don't really spend enough time on the sketching phase, even though it's the most fun for me and I just pick one of the first few doodles I make and go with it. Sometimes, the first drawings you make are the best and sometimes not. You don't know if you've pushed it enough until you've pushed it too far. Or something. ;)

4 comments:

Kendra Melton said...

fun fun, great shapes! :]

Keisha O. said...

I really love seeing these sketches. I love seeing your explorations of shapes and how you are interpreting the characters!

Unknown said...

Wow. Love that Page of character sketches! Love seeing the process.

Eric Scales said...

Beautiful! Love the simplicity of your designs.