Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello again! This isn't deja vu, it's another commissioned feltie! This is Baby Appa II, made for a die-hard Avatar: TLA fan. He's a little bigger and denser than his previous incarnation but in the end I am pretty happy with him!





This would be a good time to mention that in an effort to pay off some huge vet bills, accumulated while trying to save Boo, my little blue rat, I am now taking felt commissions. Prices start aro0und $50 for something basic, like a rat feltie increase as the complexity and size of the piece does. Unfortunately, despite 3 days in an oxygen tank, nebulization and round the clock fluid/medicine injections, I still lost my little Boo to pneumonia, but I wouldn't have done anything differently in terms of her care. Ratties are such little heart breakers.

Big plans for the next commission. My fiber optics kit is in the mail. Mwahaha!

I still draw things too btw! I swear! D:

6 comments:

Helena Reyero said...

aw, so sad about hear you rattie's death -_-

our gerbil died an year a half ago, but he did really touch our hearts

btw, love that feltie plush!

Cassie said...

I noticed that you do both illustration AND fiber arts. I do both as well, and I often lament that I have too many hobbies ( I also bookbind and oil paint and cook). How do you balance your interests?
Thanks Cassie

Unknown said...

Belit: Thank you so much. The little guys seem to have the biggest space in our hearts <3

Cassie: Having too many hobbies isn't a bad thing to me, it means you get to pull from tons of different influences and techniques! When it comes to balancing my interests though, I have to be honest and say I am piss poor at it -__-; I have a day job, freelance, felt commissions and things like illustration have really begun to fall by the wayside for me. I am trying to make a schedule for myself to stay well rounded but really, I find that my interests come and go in cycles and that things will even out. I hadn't done anything with sculpture since college, got really into character design when I graduated, and now I seem to be using character design to fuel doll making and crafts. It sounds like you have a lot of potential to create visually stunning and complex meals, or to make an artist's book with your best recipes, or who knows what. Double dip like there's no tomorrow! ;)

COFRADIA DEL HORROR said...

Wow! This looks so cool. Mmm love it. Want one! Well no for me, but for a gift. To bad your so far away, im from Argentina. But really cool Appa.

So sad about your lost.
Saludos!
Ale

COFRADIA DEL HORROR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashly Picazo said...

I love these felties! I have seen people's creations and now getting the urge to learn how to do them for myself! I too find myself going through phases of crafting; illustrating, paper cutting, jewelry making and the other arts and crafts I love to do! I am afraid if I get to felting I'll become obsessed with it as well. But then again, I can't help myself, I just love creating things! Keep up the beautiful creations whether it be art or crafts! I love it all!