Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Where did all of my weekends go for the last month? Why wasn't I at that party or other social gathering? What was I so stressed about?

THIS.











What's this? IT'S A FLAMMIE! How did I make it? It's mostly needle felted, actually! That fur is just a skin glued on top of a nearly solid wool base.
This is based on the beautiful Flammie model that was used in Nintendo Power and the Secret of Mana instruction booklet back in 1993, so credit to the original (unknown) artist and sculptor.

I made this enormous feltie/plushie hybrid for the Super Button Masher's show next week at OhNo!DOOM.

OhNo!Doom
Super Button Mashers Mega Opening

February 11, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM
1800 N. Milwaukee
Chicago IL 60647
Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 PM-10:00 PM
Saturday 12:00 PM-7:00 PM

This was absolutely a challenge for me but I loved every step of it. I am officially bitten by the crafting bug again! I also put together a photo slideshow about how I made this beast, if you care to see.



For more photos of the process and other shenanigans, check out my facebook group.

Thank you for looking and if you're in Chicago this weekend, please stop by and see Flammie-in person! He's looking for a loving, geeky home (as much as I hate parting with him ;_; ) Please spread the word so that he finds the right owner!

3 comments:

Nikhita P. said...

hahaha! the first line is so funny!! :D Nice work. :D

Tyler Stott said...

wonderful blog Steph...your felt animals are super slick :)

Wilson Swain said...

Very cute. I'm always intimidated by fur.