Friday, April 03, 2009

They say you hit what you head for and after the last 7 days of awesomeness at the Game Developer's Conference (dudes, we made Kotaku!), a whirlwind weekend in LA for the SILA show, an under-the-radar birthday on Monday and back to work Tuesday, it's no wonder I am stuck home with a nasty head cold. I hope I get this out of my system to see the OneUps tomorrow night... but oh, so worth the illness.

I can let the cat out of the bag and announce that I've been fortunate enough to be doing some contract work for Media Molecule's game of epic win, Little Big Planet. For serious, I bought my PS3 last winter just so I could play this game. Actually, this gig and the other one I am working now are two of the most fun and natural-feeling jobs I've had in ages. Anyhoo, I finally met the artists, programmers and level designers at GDC last week and a great time was had by all. I wish I could have taken them all home with me or better, set up a box fort in their studio in the UK ^_~ I'll be able to show what I've been doing once it releases to the Playstation Network, not sure of an exact date though.

So I have clearance to show some sketched for an unnamed project (not LBP though!). Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Just enjoy and be patient, I will post up the colored versions of these guys in due time ;) Sketched on my Modbook in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro.

I like the Chimera best <3







10 comments:

Brittney Lee said...

Wonderfulness all around! (Except for the head cold - feel better!)

Kassandra Heller said...

Awesome! Congrats on scoring such great jobs! Yeah I played LBP once and amazed!!

Becky said...

I really love the turtle :) Great style!

David Cousens said...

Agreed the chimera is superb!

Liana Hee said...

Nice I love these sketches..can't wait to know about the project. :)

Kristi Valiant said...

Congrats on the news and what wonderful sketches.

Sarah Satrun said...

Congrats! Fun sketches! ;)

pascal said...

I love them all!
SO SO SO SO much different than what you were doing just a year ago. You've grown so much!

David Jackson said...

that Griffin is great.

Anonymous said...

Art looks great.
I'm actually working on a LBP machinima with some people.